Langsung ke konten utama

Batur, Where The Lake and Mountain in One Bowl

Holla amigos. I see a  bright star from a place where i write this story. I have been already move to bali island. An island of god where the people have various ethnic tradition. The last story that i write tell you when you when i work as an engineer i Tegal city. It is in middle java. So i jump from that island to this island when the project done. The project in tegal end in 24th December 2019. Then i have so much time to go to adventure. Short story, my office ask me to be an engineer in a project called tamblang Dam. Not a very big dam project but it is in bali island. Where people from another country always visit here every time every where.

4th Januari 2020 i start move here. The project already start about 3 months before i come here. So it is not so hard to adapt with everything around here. So here i am, about 15 km from singaraja city, it was on the north of the island. I dont wanna talk more about my project. Thats not the point i want to tell you. My dam project is near to the most cool mountain in bali. A mountain with a supervolcano that built bali island from under sea water to be a big island in thousand or million years ago. They call it batur mountain. Located in Kintamani Bali, Now Batur Mountain is the children of the supervolcano that already erupt in many years ago. There are several kaldera in the main kaldera that surrounding batur mountain.

It was 2nd February 2020 almost a month since i move here. The work is good although there are many things i have to calculated. I only have sunday for holiday in a week because in saturday i still have to calculate and designing things. So my golden time just on sunday. At 7.00 A.M that day, i put my motorcycle box in the backseat of my motorcycle and start the engine. From google map, its only about 52 km from where i live in Sawan Village. So not so far right. Its a hot morning by the way, but weather forecast in google warn me about at 13.00 P.M it start to rain with thunderstorm in Kintamani. I still need to repairing somethings about my motorcycle, so i need to go early to avoid that thunderstorm. Or go home before that thunderstorm arriving.


Starting my day in a Motorcycle Workshop in Kubutambahan district. We talk long about my engine. My orange motorcycle is a Viar Motorcycle where this is local product. But i change the engine with KTM for about 12 Millions Rupiah. It have a greater power of engine although the engine guard still viar. When i realized, the engine guard cannot handle the pressure of bigger Force by KTM Engine. So it start to leak out. Its not a big trouble but i need to change my engine oil temporary. Beside that, i start to think changing my motorcycle color, Then talk about my motorcycle color, i think i need to change it because the paint start to peeling of.

First Stop Cliff

Its a very high and long climb for my motocycle. So i wont give a hard pressure to its engine in the start. I push my engine slowly and climb in a gear 2, 3, and maximum on about 3% slope in gear 4. I already check the map and i need to get to kintamani first to get the next gas station. So how i ride help me to save more gas in my motorcycle tank. Good things about bali is the road. I can include the road to the mountain terrain is very good. The road wide and the roughness is perfect. My motorcycle is a motocross endurance type so it have a rectangle wheels grip for offroad. It is very bad choose of grip when you cycling to highway with asphalt road. Especially for a smooth asphalt. But the designer of Bali's road calculating the mountain terrain in here. So they built a road with a higher roughness that prevent wheels from slippery. Nice engineer.

My first stop about 20 km from Kintamani. Here is about 800 m above sea level. I see a lot of trees and a lot of cloud that move slowly. the situation is very calm. So l turned off my motorcycle engine and sit down near the cliff. Sometimes you can hear a group of little birds and hang in a trees near you. You can hear them sing, you can hear the calm of a nature. It can lift up your heavy mind about work and about every thing surrounding. Just dont care for a while about the world when you dating with the nature and enjoy it. I know work is the main, but dont push it too far.

The scene reminds me that a lot of people judge me in every things that I do. Some people ask me about future because sometimes they only see me struggle in my journey. they though me that I never thinks about future and making my own family. what can I say just they not wrong at all. I never think everything about tomorrow. I never thinking  what will going on in the next day. I only do what ever I need to do with all that I have so l can give the best to everything I do everyday. Just dont hear what everybody talk about what you do. everybody can judge about what are you to be, but no body can Judge whatever you to be.

I understand there a lot of people jealous when i start to take my bike to whereever I want without care about what people say. so here l am about 500 km away from my hometown and 'feel happy. I never talk to my workmate but I love whatever I be as long as l keep my job and my hobby like whatever I want. when I want to travel so l go travel, when I want to finish my work, so i will spent my whole day sitting in front of my laptop. Calculate everything and i dont care about what people say. It just came from nowhere but since moving here, i start to realize i have enjoying everything i have become.

After all that break, my battery phone already low. I have 2 pair of powerbank in my motorcycle box but i choose to use it when it become a very urgent situation. In this case i saw indomart, just a mini market that you can see in every single corner of road in my country. Sometimes they have a electrical jack to my phone so i stay there for a while and charging my cellphone before continued my adventure. The funny things i have already in Kintamani and the weather become a little bit colder than before, but more people use a less clothes. I know it is a fashion trend but poeple seem dont care about healthy and safety when they casing popularity. Just fashion things everyday.

Down to Mount Batur

There are two ways to the batur area especially go to the hotspring toya bungkah area. we can go enjoying from bottom so we can see the black lava of batur last eruption. or we enjoying a lot of cafe in the hill so we can order the delicious coffee of kintamani's coffee. when you will go to there and go want to go home from same direction, so l recomended you to choose the bottom road first,this is to avoid the probability we will stuck in rain. almost 80%rain happen here at afternoon, spending the morning time with travel through the black lava is a good idea. from the first mini market in front of the traditional market of Kinfamani, there are two option through upper road or through bottom road. choose left side of road so you will be directly go to the caldera. and the adventure begin.

I start to hike the batur mountain, althogh I know the weather is not good because above me the cloud color is become so dark and the wind start blow strong. I know when it start to rain, I must stop my climb. just about 800m away from the start. the rain start to fall and it become wild. So I just run down the track with some tourist behind me back to first post that we start hike. Near the pos, we start to take a breath together. just a moment before the rain gonna be wild and it can be so cold out there, I left my jacket on my motorcycle box so it is a right decision to cancel my hike to mount Batur. Sad. but it was a good decision in that situation. I still have a lot of time to try again in here.

Black Lava Area

The good thing is I got a great picture while hanging around near the black lava area. I have ever see game of throne movie and by my picture you can imagine the scene of game of throne in one picture. it was look like i'am in the strong movie scene. when the rain start to end, I continued my adventure through the Caldera and go to the batur lake. the road is little bit challange me to push my bike Faster. there are several of holes  that filled with rain waters so it become a big pond in the center of asphalt road. if it happen in the city it will be a big deal. But here you can splash the water everywhere and enjoying the free feeling.

The rain start to fall but who cares, my next trip destination already on schedule. Several kilometers away from where I am, there is a coffee bar near the caldera hill and have a view direct to mount and lake batur. They have one of most delicious coffee in my country called kintamani Coffee. while avoiding the rain that start to chase me from behind, I push my motorcycle faster. Back to the main road, you will start to climb to the hill and arrive in the big turn. in this corner you will find a coffee shop called caldera coffee. They have a wide park area although near the cliff and near the main road. so don't be worry if you go here by car. start to in the cafe and they serve you a great view of mount Batur in the left side of your eyes and the lake from your right side. Just pick the best chair that you think you can get. I choose the long table part with a chair direct to the main view but have a roof. l estimating that the rain will be fall soon. not many people think like me. there are several table that have a greater view but it will destroy when the rain start to fall. I think, me and a tourist ffrom the Australia beside me think the same way. And when the rain start to fall, we smile each other enjoying people suffer because wrong decision to take the table. lol, mean right?

Mount and Lake Batur

let me start to review the cafe. you have throw away your doubt about it's view, so let me review a few things about food and the main menu when you travel to kintamani Bali, "the coffee". while enjoying the people who suffer with the rain that comes. I order some food, dishes, and absolutely kintamani coffee. I order fried rice as the food, it has no meat in it so I choose fish as the change of meat. fish fried rice, i write on the note menu "very spicy". When it arrive on your table, you can imagine the view little bit different while raining, the wind blows stronger and the air feel cold. But it will change when fried rice in a hot phase and spicy taste. Very good choice when in a cold situation i think. I give 4 star to this menu. Perfect situation and taste but it only have a small fish there. Maybe add more fish will be better. The dishes is onion ring. You know its a big onion but i can only imagine it, then they cut into slices, put it in flour. Fried in the hot coconut oil. Very tasty. When it arrive i think it have a great smell. It second time i eat this things so i give 4 star. What i recommend is the sauce. Better change it to hot lava indonesian pepper. Or change to sambal mattah. Indonesian have a various chili sauce type. Why just choose this simple sachet sauce? I dont know, but i think combination of indonesian food and this kind of food is the best when you can change it.

The coffee time. remaining fried union rings are four. The fried rice already done. I enjoying last meal with a hot cup of Bali Kintamani Coffee. I absolutely a coffee addict. It is my best friend when i work till late night. I live in a country that have various great taste of coffee in the world. Gayo coffee, java coffee, semeru coffee, toraja coffee, melayu coffee, banyuatis coffee, and here i am at home of kintamani bali coffee. The smell of this coffe is very hard when its arrive. First drink make me know that it is an arabica coffee. Not too bitter as other coffee in my country. I cannot explained it very well. The cloud slowly leave and the view become clear again. The hot coffee in my hand, not too bitter for you who dont like a bitter coffee. But it have a great taste. I recommend you not too much give sugar to this bali Kintamani coffe, it will destroy the taste. Hot-not too bitter coffee and the view? I give this coffee 5 stars. Dont forget to get your venicle stop in this corner when you go to Kintamani and enjoy the coffee here.

Kintamani Coffee

Rain in Batur Black Lava

Foggy Lake after Rain
View of The Mountain and Batur Lake

(All picture taken from Kaldera Cafe)

Next stop is the Batur lake. Batur lake is the most biggest lake in the Bali Island. It is on the east side of mount Batur. Inside the big caldera. it's not too far from cafe caldera, only need about 5 minutes to reach  side of the lake of Batur. There are a lot of things that you can do and a lot of adventure around the lake. But I choose to the north of the lake. There is a hindu's temple Called Ulun Danu Temple. There is a golden statue near the temple, but you need to rent a boat to get there. what I really recommended is the road to go there hide a bigger adventure about balinesse people culture that only found in Bali. from south side of the lake to the north side of the lake you would only found a village near the lake. the others only an out bond Center or tourist destination. you will see toya devasta and toya bungeab as an hotspring tourist destination. after that tourist destination there is a village with a small traditional market. this market face to a place that there is a lot ofman here yelling and shouting to something. I need to stop my motorcycle then walk to that a lot of man and I suddenly realize it is an Arena. Arena of fighting but the unique things is the fighter is not a human. But the fighters are some roaster with a knife tied in their foot. I mean it was an Actual knife so the fighter chicken can hurt each other badly. it was a hard game that maybe will be hate by some people especially  animal lovers. some blood will be seen from chicken fight. they know how to use that knife to hurt each other. when the other chicken start to collapse or fall down, t he game is over. it is a deadly fight with an actor played by roaster. I know from many different views, it will become a bad game. Harsh for the chicken but it was a tradition here and we need to respect it as a traveller.

Ulun Danu Statue

House on The Lake

Batur Lake Fisherman

last turn in this village will bring us to the temple called ulun danu temple. the golden statue s tand near the lake. I haven't read the legend or the story of Ulun Danu. But the statue very magnificant tall and beauty while the shadow of statue reflected on lake. Some people work every day and collecting many fish here. there will some people offering you to reach to the statue use a boat. That is the only way to reachthe stave because there is no other access to go there. Maybe someday the government or the people need to built an access that can be through by a lot of people so that a lot of people can enjoying the beauty of the temple.

Lake Side

Batur East View


there are two ways to go back to singaraja from kintamani. through the North road near beach or through lips of caldera of Mount Batur where I come from. there is one more place that I want to visit before leaving kintamani. the best part and the complete one ofp adventure is a place where we can play water. the better one is a hot spring that can relaxing our body after a long trip. and mount bator provided it with the most cool hotspring l ever visit. t here are a lot of hotspring in Java, Sumatra, or Sulawesi t hat I've ever visit before. Some of them have a various condition of hotspring such as the sulfur, water temperature, location, local culture, access,and many others. But I only could say this is the best hotspring l ever visit in my like especially for now. ticket for in to this hotspring not too expensive because with a price 70.000 rupiah you get a various hot pool, clean towel, and welcome drink. if you don't drink alcohol, they give fruit juice as change as alcoholic drink. the main Shows in its view when you can see a magnificant lake and surrounded by mount B at ur's caldera cliff. clouds f loating not too high above our head. So, the weather feel a little bit cold. Enjoying this scene From lake side maybe we will need blanket or a jacket to keep our body warm. seeing alot of water make us want to play with water. the hotspring there, answer and give a great solution. We can enjoying the views, playing with water, relaxation, and all of that we swim in blanket that keep us warm.
Toya Devasta HotSpring

Lake Side Hot Spring

I have already Failed hike the mount batur, and caused time, weather condition I cannot explore all of spot in the area. what I write here as a story only a few part of adventure that you can do in this magnificant ancient caldera. there are a lot of adventure hiding in between rock, between the trees, or in the deep of the lake that you can explore still. happy exploring and feel the power below your feet.

"sometimes it's not necessary to think of the future as a beautiful adventure. just do your best every day, then everything will be fine."

Komentar

Hot Mingguan!!

Maaf, Kepada Hidrologist: Jangan Percaya Peta Global dari GIS Enthusiast

 Akhir Akhir ini aku menemukan banyak GIS Anthusiast yang kemudian mereka menerbitkan kode GEE (Google Earth Engine) untuk pembuatan Peta tata guna lahan baik skala global maupun skala regional seperti peta Tata guna lahan Nasional Indonesia. sebuah terobosan, namun maksud dan tujuan para GIS Anthusiast ini sangat berbeda dengan kebutuhan para Hidrologist dan Hidraulic engineer dalam pembuatan model. sehingga Peta global yang mereka buat tidak bisa kita gunakan. ESRI Sentinel-2 Global LULC 10 m Resolution Source:  Esri | Sentinel-2 Land Cover Explorer (arcgis.com) Pembuatan peta Tata Guna Lahan mempunyai banyak fungsi yang disesuaikan dengan kegunaannya. dari pengamatan perubahan tata guna lahan hingga berbagai analisa lainnya. untuk analisa hidrologi, penggunaan tata guna lahan atau tutupan lahan bisa digunakan sebagai dasar pembuatan basemap untuk model hidrologi. begitu pula dengan analisa hidrolika yang terkadang menggunakan input jenis tutupan lahan dalam penentuan basemap model h

Makalah alat pengukur curah hujan

ALAT PENGUKUR CURAH HUJAN Makalah tugas akhir ini disusun untuk memenuhi tugas kuliah hidrologi teknik dasar yang diampu oleh Dr. Ery Suhartanto, ST. M.Pd. OLEH : YUANGGA RIZKY ILLAHI                                   145060400111003 LUCIA PUTRI RACHMADANI                  145060400111011 FATHINUN NAJIB                                       145060400111027 YOGA OKTA WARDANA                          145060400111028 NUR FITRIA PUSPITAWATI                      145060401111049 UNIVERSITAS BRAWIJAYA MALANG FAKULTAS TEKNIK TEKNIK PENGAIRAN Juni 201 5 BAB I PENDAHULUAN 1.1. Latar Belakang             Hidrologi adalah suatu ilu yang menjelaskan tentang kehadiran dan gerakan air di alam kita ini. Meliputi berbagai bentuk air, yang menyangkut perubahan – perubahannya antara keadaan cair, padat, dan gas dalam atmosfir, diatas dan di bawah tanah. Di dalamnya tercakup pula air laut yang merupakan sumber dan penyimpanan air yang mengaktifka

Makalah POMPA Hidrolika Saluran tertutup

MAKALAH HIDROLIKA SALURAN TERTUTUP POMPA Disusun Oleh: Kelompok II Elang Timur                             145060400111015 Fariz Bayu Rachmanto            125060400111074 Galih Rizam Pratama               145060400111024 Gloria Dihan Utomo                145060400111002 Tami Pratiwi                            145060400111007 Yoga Okta Wardana                145060400111028 Yuangga Rizky Illahi              145060400111003 Yudhistira Akbar Z.R              145060400111005 JURUSAN TEKNIK PENG AIRAN FAKULTAS TEKNIK                                                                                    UNIVERSITAS BRAWIJAYA MALANG 201 4 BAB I PENDAHULUAN 1.1 Latar belakang             Air merupakan sebuah sumber daya yang sangatlah penting bagi kehidupan manusia. Tanpa sumber air, manusia tidak akan pernah bisa hidup. Karena itu, manusia sangatlah bergantung pada air itu sendiri. Selain dalam kehidupan manusia,